Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blogging?

Call me a heretic, but I'm actually not that into blogging. I just don't get it. Why air out your dirty laundry in the most public of all forums? When I was a kid, a journal or diary was sacred. It was where you wrote things you couldn't tell anyone. You did everything you could to keep it safe and from falling into the wrong hands. The thought of someone getting hold of it and sharing its contents with others was horrifying.

Okay, I will admit that I never had a journal as a kid. I really only knew of them from various TV shows. But I did get it. There are certain things you just don't tell anyone. ANYONE. Most people who know me know that I am very private person. I play close to the vest. I could probably count the number of people I truly trust on one finger. I am exaggerating, but you get the idea.

So why I am I doing this? It should be obvious that its not for the trendiness. Nor am I trying to be bolder in expressing vulnerability and openness. No, the real reason is much stupider. My friends told me to get one. Its been suggested before, but I just wrote it off as " a dumb idea." I had nothing to say or anything really going on worth being chronicled in such a prestigious literary realm along such great thinkers as Perez Hilton and that guy with the clever shirt at Starbucks twittering on his iPhone that he's in line at Starbucks.

But with this new adventure dawning, I feel like maybe I have something worth blogging about. I'm also really lazy, and figured that this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up to date on what's going in my life. I can't guarantee this will be as compelling and though-provoking as the saga of a lonely 15 yr old girl, but I'll try my best to keep it interesting and amusing. And perhaps even relevant.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

E said...

I've already added this to my blog reader and will be following along with you! :)

Steadman Harrison said...

From Greensboro... we are looking forward to having you here and getting to know you. Come on over and see what life outside the Shire is like! Hoping this blog becomes a great space to capture stories and pictures that will be of interest to your friends back home.

Holly Beck said...

i cant wait to hear all about it. blog away!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you consented! I speak from personal experience in saying it is a great way to keep in touch with old friends. We look forward to reading about your new and exciting experiences!